Monday, December 5, 2011

Under the weather

Under the weather .. speaking of weather I miss the snow, where is it?

So here I am at home from work not feeling well .. the cold has kicked my butsky.  What a better way to spend my time than working on TH's Tag # 5.   I LOVE LOVE LOVE this technique with the alcohol ink and archivers ink.  This is the first time I used it and I can't wait to do it again.  Since I didn't have any of the supplies and as Tim says .. use this as inspiration I did just that.  Wow was I inspired to create on this one.   These products and Tim continue to amaze me .. what an creative way to outlet my juices so to speak .. ha ha.  Speaking of juices, wine anyone?? ha ha.  Yes I am a certified dorksky. 

So how did I approach this tag well ...
1. What stamp did I have that I could use to replace the backwards Christmas stamp that Tim used.  I found in my TH collection the "retro holiday" stamp set with the pine cone stamp in it.  There was my background.
2. Since I only have the "Cabin Cupboard" alcohol inks so far this was perfect to use with the pine cone stamp.  I used all 3 colours on my background.
3. Oy, I didn't have any holly or the leaves that Tim used.  Should I use pipe cleaner .. no, didn't suit the theme very well.  In my collection was the "Spellbinders" nestabilities set - Deckled edge classic ovals LG.  Instead of a wreath I created a frame using two of the dies to create it.
4. Colour of frame .. mmmm .... well because of the alcohol inks I decided to go with a bevy of acrylics to create some depth.  I used "DecoArt" crafters acrylic in "Spun gold", then I used "Folk Art" acrylic in #925 Wrought iron over top.  Then I distressed it with sanding paper.  After that was dry I added "Folk Art" 658 Metallic Antique Gold to finish and voila .. I have a vintage looking frame.
5. Added the pearl flat back stickums.  These are sticky little guys!!!
6. Made my bow using the "Celebrate it" holiday ribbon in gold netting (Item #188630) available at Michaels Canada.  I attached my bow with a sticky dot and it holds great.
7. Next I cut out the letters J,O,Y from TH's paper stashes.  Once cut out I covered them with glossy accents and attached them to the frame using pop dots to add some depth.
8. Last but not least I finished off my wonderful peace of altered art with "Celebrate it" sheer creations in a antique gold (Item #10025155)

No comments:

Post a Comment