Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter everyone

Well March sure flew by I have to say.  One minute it was here and the next it was gone.  I've been shopping for new spring scrapbooking products now it's time to get to the creative part.  I finally have jumped into the Nestabilities world and splurged on some really great dies.  See "Aunties birthday card" to the right.  I have admired these scallopy shapes for some time on other great cards I have viewed on various blogs.  I just love that you can get that perfect scallop with just one run through on my Cuttlebug.  That's another thing I love about them is that they can be used on different machines.  I am just hoping that the new Tim Holtz Sizzix will work on my machine.  I will soon find out as they are due to be into my local scrapbooking store this week .. Yay!  Another excuse to go shopping. 

The highlight of my week was attending a Allison Orthner Photo class on Wednesday evening.   Everything that I learned was new to me so I got a lot out of her class.  I can now say that I have the tools I need to take a great photo.  My favorite picture from the class was this flower.  From the rule of thirds to the blue speedo it was a blast.  Blue speedo??? Yes, we learned how to watch out for blue speedos in our pictures.  You know that wonderful older gentlemen who is still holding onto his youthful days when he could wear a blue speedo and look good in it.  Ya well nowadays, not so much in some cases.  So we were taught to watch out for these people in our backgrounds while we're taking a picture of someone.  The blue speedo could mean many things by the way .. A large pole, garbage can (unless a garbage can is your picture??), or possibly a large flying object (UFO??) ha ha.  If you get a chance to take her class I highly recommend it.  www.AllisonOrthner.com.

Well off I go for a extra long weekend.  4 days off of work yahoo .. so much time to make cards!!!!  God bless and enjoy your weekend.  Off to the bobunny blog hop I go :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment